MOBIRURAL VALIDATION WORKSHOP: MILESTONE ACHIVED!! Mobirural project will produce two main results: The development of a Rural Mobility Agent course, a newly created figure in the
A new mobile application integrates all urban transport services in Badajoz
At the end of last year, an innovative mobile application was launched in Badajoz that combines all urban transport services available in the city.
Called ‘Emaas Badajoz‘, the app covers services such as city buses, rental bicycles, the on-demand bus service, Minits and taxis.
Currently, the app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store and Google Play.
At its inception, the app worked primarily with the integrated radio taxi service, providing real-time information on the location of buses and bicycles.
The app offers the possibility to make bookings, payments and route planning, providing various options for getting around the city and estimating the time needed.
Councillor for Public Transport, Jesús Coslado, explained that this initiative aims to be a comprehensive solution for all urban transport services, both public and private.
It has been developed in collaboration with various sectors involved in transport in the city, and is expected to be a complete tool for the management and communication of public transport.
Emaas Badajoz’ will replace the individual applications previously used for each transport service, such as buses, bicycles, Minits and taxis. It will provide information on vehicle locations and waiting times at bus stops, as well as the availability of bicycles at rental stations. It also has a routing function to help users plan their journeys efficiently.
The development of this application has been carried out by Grupo Ruiz and Tubasa as part of the ‘Badajoz se cuida’ project. The cost of its development amounted to 100,000 euros, with 25% subsidised by the Idae (Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving) and the remaining 75% financed by the Ruiz Group. After three years of work, the application is fully operational and ready for use.